Monday, December 13, 2010

Rocky Horrifically Spectacular

I've seen this crazy musical on stage twice, I've done the "Time Warp" for wacky show, I've listened to both the CD and the Vinyl LP record (my parents are huge fans) and last night I finally experienced the 1975 film with Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, the great Meatloaf and creator Richard O'Brien.

Scary? In a good way.
Questionable? Definitely.
Shocking? Of course
Not for the Faint Hearted? NOT for the Faint Hearted.
Good? Yes.
Fun? Without a doubt!


Frank: "It was strange the way it happened. Suddenly... you get a break! All of the pieces seem to fit into place. What a sucker you've been, what a fool. The answer was there all the time. It took a small aciddent to make it happen. AN ACCIDENT! And that is how I discovered the secret. That elusive ingredient, that... spark that is the breath of life... yes I have that knowledge! I hold the key to life... ITSELF!"

Film Cast and LP Record Cover

Live Perfomance at the Barnyard Theatre in Johannesburg
Go HERE for the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment