Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where I want to be Today: An Incredible Library

I feel like reading a really great book today, but I wish I could be doing just that in one of these places. These make you crave knowledge, they make you want to disappear into fairy tales and make you want to learn about new places or cultures. If the libraries I went to were as beautiful as these, I would never be at home...

Admont Abbey Library, Austria

Canadian Library of Parliament

George Peabody Library, Baltimore, Maryland

Iowa State Capital Law Library

Mitchell Library, Sydney

National Library of Finland, Helsinki

 
Strahov Theological Hall, Prague

Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, University of Toronto

Yale Rare Book Library

"We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth."
~John Lubbock

No comments:

Post a Comment