Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goodbye, Elizabeth

A childstar, a leading lady, two Oscars, seven husbands and a double set of eyelashes. This woman, an actress in Hollywood's Golden Age, was a legend - both official (the American Film Institute named her seventh on its Female Legends list) and in the hearts of millions.

Unfortunately, her fairytale came to an end this morning when she died after being hospitalized for congestive heart failure. At 79, her grace and spirit was still a light in her four children, many grand children and even great-grand children's lives.

Rest in Peace, Elizabeth Taylor...


"Everything makes me nervous - except making films."


"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they`re going to have some pretty annoying virtues."


 "My mother says I didn`t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked."


"[2005] There`s still so much more to do. I can`t sit back and be complacent, and none of us should be. I get around now in a wheelchair, but I get around."


1 comment:

  1. Every now and again I dust off my Cleopatra dvd to get a taste of pure glamour, love and beauty.

    ReplyDelete