Monday, October 25, 2010

Bonjour! Buongiorno! Guten Tag! Hola!

or just Hello....

I have always seen the world a little differently than most people and I have always attempted to see the intrigue and the beauty in it. I do believe, however, that there is no light without dark, no happiness without despair and no beauty without destruction. That is why I document anything that can ultimately teach me a valuable lesson about these elements. I cannot live without creation - whether it be creating something new myself or admiring other creations. Humans are extraordinary when it comes to creating: we were built for it and that is why there is so much magic around us everywhere we go.

I grew up in a creative environment and was taught to appreciate everything imaginative. I know the value of stories - they not only serve to transport us into different realities, but they give us the opportunity to share pieces of ourselves and to make sure we leave at least a few memories of who we were behind. I want to tell some of these stories and I believe the best ways to do it is through photography, through art, through writing and through acting. These methods allow me to reach more than just minds.

I also find the world funny, goofy and sometimes just insane, so I try to capture as much of it as I can in different types of frames to ultimately tell the fables...

No comments:

Post a Comment